“The time of Hastening the Lord’s work is now.” – Elder Russell M. Nelson

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

November 24, 2015 - Craziest Week Yet!

This has been a super crazy week!

So last P-day we went to K1 Speed which is an indoor race track and we had a blast racing little go-karts! Then on Wednesday we went on a temple tour with Jenece and Deon and also a recent convert in the ward, Stanley Pierre. We had an awesome experience at the temple and the Spirit was really strong there. The next day we had a Zone conference in Naples on the West Coast of Florida. It was an awesome conference and we learned that we will be implementing 'Just Serve' down here in Florida! It's going to be a great tool to help us reach out to more people. Speaking of service, this week Elder Becker and I helped a couple of Jamaican women dig some holes to plant flowers in with machetes, so that was pretty exciting.

On Friday we went and visited a referral from the Sisters and taught this super cool Haitian family! They are all new investigators and we are hoping that we will be able to continue teaching them. Our investigators for this week are Gafly, Marie, Shirley, Emerson, Edly, Giesly, Mardo, Gisma and Esther and they are all Haitian! That's a miracle!

On Saturday, Jenece and Deon were married and Baptized! I was able to be a witness for both. The baptism went great and everyone felt the Spirit there. However Jenece had to be baptized 3 times, but it happened! Elder Becker and I are so happy for them. Stanley Pierre, who has only been a member for 6 months was able to baptize them and he did a great job.

On Sunday, I was assigned to give a talk on gratitude and for the first time ever I was the concluding speaker! Btw, preparing talks is a lot more difficult without a computer. Anyway, Jenece and Deon were confirmed and they are now my first Recent Converts! I'm Super Excited!

Then came Pros-Monday (Proselyting on Monday) and it was actually pretty tiring. We helped a non-member move and that was actually great because they got us pizza and donuts!  Then that night we got transfer calls and we found out that every senior companion in the zone is transferring..... including my trainer! So I will let you know how that goes later on down the road.

Last thought comes from President Uchtdorf's April 2014 conference address, he said,

"I don’t believe the Lord expects us to be less thankful in times of trial than in times of abundance and ease... It is easy to be grateful for things when life seems to be going our way. But what then of those times when what we wish for seems to be far out of reach?  Could I suggest that we see gratitude as a disposition, a way of life that stands independent of our current situation? In other words, I’m suggesting that instead of being thankful for things, we focus on being thankful in our circumstances—whatever they may be."

In the spirit of thanksgiving try to focus on being grateful in all circumstances and not just for the great deals on black Friday :)

I hope that you all have a fantastic week and enjoy Thanksgiving with your friends and Family!

-- M' rekonesan pou tout bagay (I'm grateful for everything!)
Elder Hansen
Florida, Fort Lauderdale Mission

Haitian-ing the Work

Their first baptism!  

Jenece and Deon first got married and then were baptized!

The happy couple! Matthew was a witness for the wedding and the baptism.

They go to take them to the Fort Lauderdale Temple grounds

At Hallandale Beach

With Elder Edwards

I asked for this picture before he left on his mission! I love it!

I mustache you a question :)

Beautiful! I love the sun shining through the clouds over the water 

He knows I love palm trees!  I sent him pictures of snow, it's a good trade! 

No comments:

Post a Comment