“The time of Hastening the Lord’s work is now.” – Elder Russell M. Nelson

Monday, December 28, 2015

December 28, 2015 - I Skyped Home for Christmas!

Jwaye Nwel Fanmim! (Merry Christmas my family!)

Hey Everybody! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas this past week! I know that I did!
Quick couple stories, Jacques calls me his Godfather and Elder Murat his son because we Baptized and Confirmed him.  Also Elder Murat made me dance for our investigator family, so of course I busted out the Carlton from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air! The only white person in the room and I was dancing! Anyway, good times... Then I started teaching Jacques how to read Creole, because he was already in the U.S. when Haiti came up with their writing system in 1993 or 94. So that has been fun!

On Wednesday we had our Christmas Conference for the Entire Mission! It was huge! We received some training and then after lunch we had a White Elephant Gift exchange where I gave away some sweet Santa Boxers that Elder Nebeker promptly wore for the remainder of the Conference. After that all the Zones put together a Zone skit and we performed those for the rest of the Mission! It was awesome and pretty hilarious. :)

Then on Christmas I got to open all the presents I got from home and then had the opportunity to Skype home to the Fam! It was awesome to be able to see their faces and hear their voices again! I still can't belive how big Parker is! After Skyping we went and knocked some doors and then had dinner with the Duan family in our ward. Then we visited Jacques.

This Sunday was pretty exciting because we had 2 baby blessings, a confirmation, and a farewell! It was a very busy sacrament meeting. Also we have 11 Languages spoken in our ward, we have English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Creole, Swahili, Russian, Tongan, Samoan, ASL, and Ghetto. It's a miracle that anyone understands anyone else! We definitely have a very mixed ward. 

After Church we ate with the Tongan family who has a son going on a mission to Tonga! We had soooooo much food! It was good. :)

My last thought this week:

In the spirit of Christmas I would like to talk about Christ's birth real briefly. In Helaman 14:3, Samuel the Lamanite prophesies, "And behold, this will I give unto you for a sign at the time of his coming; for behold, there shall be great lights in heaven, insomuch that in the night before he cometh there shall be no darkness, insomuch that it shall appear unto man as if it was day." And then the Savior said during his Earthly ministry, "Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."(John 8:12)

The sign of Christ Birth, was light and he is the Light of the world! As we follow him we will not be in darkness, but will be able to navigate through the vicissitudes of life and will not be lost in the world but shall find eternal life! 

I hope you all have a great week! Love you all!

-- Orevwa (Goodbye)
Elder Hansen
Florida, Fort Lauderdale Mission

Haitian-ing the Work


Merry Christmas from Elder Murat and Elder Hansen!

Christmas morning in Hollywood Florida!

There's been an awakening ~ May the force be with you!

Looks like Santa found Elder Hansen all the way in Florida!

A couple of Jolly Elves!

Elder Murat loved his gifs from us! He wants to come and visit 
'Mama and Papa Hansen' in Idaho for some homemade breakfast and potatoes!  
He also wants to play some one-on-one with Parker!

Check these guys out!  We think they should form a barbershop quartet!

This is sooo Matthew! Elder Murat seems to be entertained by him, so that's good!

No comments:

Post a Comment