“The time of Hastening the Lord’s work is now.” – Elder Russell M. Nelson

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

November 7, 2016 - Well, my new comp is 8 inches Taller than me...

So, that about sums up my new companion, haha just kidding! His name is Elder Ariotti and he is from Bountiful (the T is silent) Utah and he is 2 transfers older than I am. He is 6'6" and yeah, I'm not so I guess we are going to look like a father son team.

Anyway, for the week last P-Day we went Golfing with Brother Lowry for Elder Smith's last P-day, we had a good time and golfing is super relaxing! Especially when you are golfing with people that aren't very good, haha. :) The next day we went and dropped Elder Smith off to head on home and then I picked up Elder Ariotti! (not literally, I can't do that...) Then we took the 2 hour car ride back to Ft. Myers on the "everything looks the same" highway through the Everglades. When we got back we had english class and then went on splits with the High Priests. Then we had 2 District Trainings on Thursday and got to know the Zone a little bit and then we had a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG planning session to know how to better help our Zone. After that we saw some peeps and then drove down to Cypress Grove to stay the night before MLC (mission leadership counsel) the next day! So the next morning we had MLC and it was supa dope! And after MLC Elder Toews, who is now the new AP (because Elder VanCott went home), came on a shadow exchange with us and we taught a good lesson, then a bad lesson, then a good lesson so I guess we need to work on consistency!
Then on Saturday we helped out with a "Family Discovery Day", it was kind of a flop but I ate like 10 hotdogs so that was exciting! Then we did some sort of missionary work but I'm not 100% sure of which kind... On Sunday we had church and this crazy lady bore her testimony which was hilarious. The hilarity was increased as I tried to translate this big black lady's "testimony on Wednesday" into Creole. After church we had 2 meal appointments and got super full, then we planned some training for tomorrow!

So, those were the highlights of the week, unfortunately we didn't do a whole lot of regular missionary work but we will turn it around next week!

Time for my last thought, I didn't spend a whole lot of time studying this week but I did give a comp study this week while driving to Ft. Lauderdale so I will share one scripture with you, 

"Behold, my brethren, he that prophesieth, let him prophesy to the understanding of men; for the Spirit speaketh the truth and lieth not. Wherefore, it speaketh of all things as they really are, and of things as they really will be; wherefore, these things are manifested unto us plainly, for the salvation of our souls. But behold, we are not witnesses alone in these things; for God also spake them unto prophets of old." (Jacob 4:13)

When we rely on what we learn from the Spirit we will never go astray and we will be able to keep a proper perspective in making our decisions! 

Well, enjoy the election, I'll find out sometime who lost but I have a feeling it is going to be us. ;)

-- Love
Elder Hansen
Florida, Fort Lauderdale Mission

Haitian-ing the Work

Elder Hansen's new comp, Elder Ariotti, only 8 inches taller!

He's from Bountiful, Utah where mom grew up.
It's a small world! 

This is the prettier part of the monotonously flat 2 hour drive through the Everglades.

Matthew attempting to turn himself into a prince?
Or is the frog a Princess?

No comments:

Post a Comment