“The time of Hastening the Lord’s work is now.” – Elder Russell M. Nelson

Monday, April 24, 2017

April 3, 2017 -"...whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants..."

Bonjou Fre'm ak Se'm yo (Hello Brothers and Sisters)

Well, this week was super busy but there isn't a whole lot to tell you guys! On Tuesday, we had District Training in Elder Rackham's district and then after that I went on exchange and stayed with Elder Martinez because he is sick and has been sick for a while so we gave his comp a chance to go out and work... And It gave me an opportunity to do some planning for Zone Training, so for the first time in a long time, I studied the scriptures and words of the prophets and apostles for 5 straight hours, it was pretty dope. 

Then on Wednesday, we had 2 more DT's and when we finally finished we came home and taught Luc Edouard, Elder Jean-Louis' recent convert that moved into our area. After that we had Less Active visits with the Elder's Quorum and it was a train wreck of colossal proportions! Elder Hansen couldn't watch the whole Elder's Quorum drown so he took matter's into his own hands and sat down with the Elder's Quorum President and organized all of the people on the ward list geographically so that one companionship would have a clustered group of members to visit. So, that went well except for the part where the Elders Quorum Pres. just peaced out and left me at the church alone... but don't worry, I found a responsible adult to watch after me. ;)

On Thursday, we started making Zone Training, afterwards we went and visited Sterline and Fadens and set them with a baptismal date for the 15th, we will see if they will be ready by then. 

Friday we had Mission Leadership Council and that was really good, and then to finish off this weekend we alternated between watching General Conference and preparing Zone Training. So it was a pretty good week, but like I said, very busy.

My last thought, "Search these commandments [and conference talks], for they are true and faithful, and the prophecies and promises which are in them shall all be fulfilled. What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same." (D&C 1:37-38)

We have had a bounteous opportunity to listen to the prophets of God this past week end, however I invite you to not let their words pass by you but rather to have them pass through you. If you are wondering what God wants you to do over the next 6 months, I promise you that if you study them and prayerfully and humbly look for correction and guidance, that you will hear the voice of the God speaking to you and you will know with a perfect knowledge what He would have you to do.

If I had to pick one theme from this conference I would say that it is this, “Our devotion to the Lord is equal to the depth of our discipleship”. As we find small ways to deepen our Daily Discipleship, we will see the Book of Mormon promise "that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass" and we will overcome the seemingly insurmountable trials and difficulties. That is a promise.

Love you all!
--
Elder Hansen
Florida, Fort Lauderdale Mission
Haitian-ing the Work

P.S. Desculpame! No hay ningun fotos esta semana ;( (Sorry, there are no photos this week)
So, I have a challenge for you guys, when I get home the whole family will all be able to go to the temple to baptisms for the dead. So when I get home we should all go together and in preparation for that I give you all a challenge to find 30 names (five a piece) for us to take to do baptisms for them. Do you accept this challenge??


The twins at Zone Training, a surprise photo from Sister Burdick in the office!

We sent them some money for a nice dinner, they got Haitian empanadas or
Haitian pate, made with "egg and onion and chicken and peppers and stuff"

Elder Jean-Louis was very grateful and wanted to know 
if you were looking to adopt any other children, haha 

No comments:

Post a Comment