“The time of Hastening the Lord’s work is now.” – Elder Russell M. Nelson

Monday, March 7, 2016

February 29, 2016 - I want to ride my Bicycle, I want to ride my Bike...

Happy Leap Day everyone!

Well, I have been out for 6 months now so that is exciting.  I am just starting my sister Mission ;)

So lets get down to the nitty gritty. Belle Glade is a farm town where they grow sugar cane and that's it. Oh, and there are Alligators in the canals :)

Anyway, so this week we did a lot of finding, trying to find people to teach and prepare for baptism. We did a lot of OYM's (Open your mouth aka street contacting) and knocking! This week on Wednesday I popped my back tire... sad... and I have spent all week trying to patch it but to no avail. On Thursday we were fed by Sister Dixon and she made a delicious homemade meal of green beans, chicken, rice and cornbread. It was soooo delicious! On Saturday we went and did service for this Palestinian guy named Manny who is starting a tuxedo store and he gave us all free stuff! Then I went on an exchange with Elder Mota the Zone leader and I taught their Haitian investigator the Word of Wisdom, haha. On sunday Evela our dropped investigator randomly came to church and I had to translate Sacrament meeting into Creole, so that was pretty terrifying and exciting! 

Okay Last Thought, 2 Nephi 10:23-25 "Therefore, cheer up your hearts, and remember that ye are free to act for yourselves—to choose the way of everlasting death or the way of eternal life.

Wherefore, my beloved brethren, reconcile yourselves to the will of God, and not to the will of the devil and the flesh; and remember, after ye are reconciled unto God, that it is only in and through the grace of God that ye are saved.

Wherefore, may God raise you from death by the power of the resurrection, and also from everlasting death by the power of the atonement, that ye may be received into the eternal kingdom of God, that ye may praise him through grace divine. Amen."

We should all be grateful for the wonderful gift of agency! We have the choice, to follow God, or not. So let us choose wisely and do as Jacob directs and be reconciled unto God because it is only through his Grace and the Atonement of Jesus Christ that we are saved! Therefore choose this day whom you shall serve! 

I love you guys! I hope you all have a great week :)

-- M'renmen figi ou (Love your face)
Elder Hansen
Florida, Fort Lauderdale Mission

Haitian-ing the Work
The new crew... Elder Scutt, Elder Prince, Elder Shreckengaust and Elder Hansen

They grow sugarcane here

Elders Shreck and Prince on their bikes

Elder Hansen and Elder Prince

These guys are goofy!

The new ride, they share it to get to town and then they bike.

He found the Blue Bus right there in his neighborhood!
It makes it feel more like home :)


No comments:

Post a Comment