“The time of Hastening the Lord’s work is now.” – Elder Russell M. Nelson

Monday, March 6, 2017

February 28, 2017 - The 'Bromance' has been Broken

Hello Friends, Family, and close associates

Well, I am sad to report that the Bromance between me and Elder Christensen has been broken and he will be transferring to the area of Ft. Myers, Creole. HOWEVER! I will now be serving with Elder Jean Louis which brings the number of my companions that are Haitian up to...FIVE!!!!! So I'm pretty excited yet sad at the same time....

So, I will tell you how our week went... On Wednesday I went on Exchange with Elder Toews (Taves) into Deepside (the AP's area) and we had a blast. I was able to see Elder Ajayi at their ward correlation since they are serving in the same ward. So that was pretty exciting! Then on Thursday we did some exchanging back and then knocked and taught an English Class. On Friday, I went on Exchange with Elder Ward and he is super hilarious! We had a good time. Then on Saturday we exchanged back again and went to a baptism in the English ward and we made our monthly stake missionary report. After that Elder Christensen had to play the piano for the Haitian Choir Practice. I was the only white person singing in the choir, so that was pretty fun! Then we had our early stake meeting on Sunday and we had some peeps (investigators) come to church. Yesterday was Pros-Monday and it was pretty unproductive except we taught a member present lesson to Natacha and Chrislie. It was really great, the member we took was our Branch Pres. and he answered all of her questions, we just sat back and enjoyed the show!  Then we had transfer calls and found out above transfer information. That was about it for the week, pretty nominal. ;)

For my last thought, I'll share this quote from Elder Neal A. Maxwell, "Discouragement is not the absence of adequacy but rather the absence of courage."

I hope you all have a great week

-- Love
Elder Hansen 
Florida, Fort Lauderdale Mission

Haitian-ing the Work

The new comp Elder Jean-Louis from Boston
He's from Elder Murat's home ward!

Sister Adamson's funeral

Ratchet Rachel, the poor crashed up mission car

A mission tradition... drinking dragons which are a laxative?
He doesn't know why they do this...

No comments:

Post a Comment