“The time of Hastening the Lord’s work is now.” – Elder Russell M. Nelson

Monday, October 24, 2016

October 24, 2016 - After 14 months... I taught a white family!

Hello Friends and Family!

Sorry, I don't have loads of time because I wasted it talking to mi padres, Desoule. Anywho, I will give you the best of the best highlights that happened this week! So this week we had 2 people come to church! Tifarel (Nellie's husband) and Michelle! Michelle got married on Saturday to her member fiance, now husband, and it was great! We weren't there for it but we heard that it went spectacularly! After Sunday school, Tifarel stood up and announced to everyone that he was "on schedule" to be baptized! He loves the church! On Friday Elder Smith had an opportunity to attend the temple with my old companion Elder Oldroyd since they are dying missionaries (going home), so I stayed in Bonita Springs with Elder Steed. It was a pretty crappy day cuz they were all white people and everyone knows "white people are the worst" (not very humble or teachable). Speaking of white people, we taught a white family! All white completely and totally Blan, Blanco, Blanche what ever you want to call it they are Americans! They are a super dope family and we are excited to teach them some more! Also we taught a guy with one leg (I guess he had a leg-ectomy in Haiti). While were teaching the one-legged guy a little girl gave me this note pictured below. We also taught a guy Tyron (a Former Florida Gator), he was soooooo hungover and depressed that we just tried to keep him from killing himself or someone else, so we showed him the video on the Mormon Channel "The Hope of God's Light" and that will be my last thought for the day. I invite all of you to watch this video and share it with someone else that you think could benefit from the message that it shares!


I love you all and I wish you all a happy Halloween! (or Fet Zombi as the Haitians say)

-- Ciao 
Elder Hansen
Florida, Fort Lauderdale Mission

Haitian-ing the Work

Elder Smith's surprise funeral!
I don't know why there is a sword involved, maybe he's not dead yet ;)

When a missionary has reached their finish date and are ready to go home, 
they call it "dying" and then have a mock funeral for them to say goodbye.

Matthew received this letter from a little girl.
I'm glad those are "like a friend" hearts that she's drawn for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment