“The time of Hastening the Lord’s work is now.” – Elder Russell M. Nelson

Monday, October 3, 2016

September 26, 2016 - Hello from Fort Meezy!

Hello friends and Family!

Well, I am no longer in the Zika hot spot so no need to lose any sleep over that :) This week was pretty crazy so I will try to get all of the details in. As Zone Leaders we have to go to all the DT's District Training?) and we set a vision for the Zone of "Fearing No Man and Talking to Everyone!"
Anyway, after transfers and the 2 hour car ride to Ft. Myers we taught our investigators Nellie and Neifa and they are super solid! After that we ran to a meal appointment, the security guard asked me "How's Joseph Smith doing?" and I said "I don't know he's dead" so all the missionaries in the van had a good laugh about that. Later that night we contacted a media referral who was hitting on Elder Smith and I and didn't have any teeth, soooooo that was Awkwardo! On Thursday, I went on exchange with our new District Leader Elder Roberts and he is pretty sick! We had some fun including hearing some country music at a Burger King. On Friday, we taught a lot of lessons, we are teaching a Haitian lady named Figaro Baptiste and she is super cool, she has a great smile and is just a happy Haitian mommy. We are also teaching a lady named Michelle who is engaged to a member of the ward and it's fun to teach her. On Saturday, we taught a guy named Steve Christian and his Peruvian Fiance made Ceviche (fresh raw fish cured in citrus juices and spiced with chili peppers) for us which was super good. Steve is an army vet and is pretty straight forward so we are straightforward back, so that is fun!

Well that is about it for the week, Ft. Myers is super cool and I am excited to be a Zone Leader!
I hope that you all have a great week! Always remember to look through the lens of the Gospel! It makes things clearer!

-- Love!
Elder Hansen
Florida, Fort Lauderdale Mission

Haitian-ing the Work


Elder Hansen sent this pocket from his "hump day" shirt to me for my birthday!

He made the planner into a card and wrote and drew all kinds of things in it.


I love you too, Buddy :)

His drawing of Idaho, camping, hiking, fishing, skiing, a beehive, etc.

His drawing of Miami, palm trees, traffic, rainstorms, mosquitos, gators and the police!

No comments:

Post a Comment