“The time of Hastening the Lord’s work is now.” – Elder Russell M. Nelson

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

July 11, 2017 - "...even to the narrow passage which led into the land southward."

Hello Everyone!

I had a pretty crazy week here in Florida. On the fourth of July we were having a great day we were getting ready to have our fourth of July party and birthday celebration and then I got a call for the assistants to the president and they told me that I was being emergency transferred to Key West the next day! So I packed up all my things so that I would be ready to drive all the way down to Key West the next day. Key west will be my last area and I will have my 16th companion. My current companion Elder Hasara will be transferring and I will be getting a new companion tomorrow! It has been a crazy week here but it looks like I will be going out with a bang on my last transfer here in Florida! The branch here is great! We live in a tiny house (a converted tool shed) right behind the Branch President's house, President Rengiil. It is really hot here and there are tourists everywhere.

Sorry I don't have a lot of time, but it is exciting to be here!

My last thought, "And now my beloved brethren, I have said these things unto you that I might awaken you to a sense of your duty to God, that ye may walk blameless before him, that ye may walk after the holy order of God, after which ye have been received. And now I would that ye should be humble, and be submissive and gentle; easy to be entreated; full of patience and long-suffering; being temperate in all things; being diligent in keeping the commandments of God at all times; asking for whatsoever things ye stand in need, both spiritual and temporal; always returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye do receive. And see that ye have faith, hope, and charity, and then ye will always abound in good works."

Sometimes we need to be awakened to a sense of our duty, and evaluate ourselves to make sure that we are "humble, and be submissive and gentle; easy to be entreated; full of patience and long-suffering; being temperate in all things; being diligent in keeping the commandments of God."

These awakenings help us remember who we really are and what this work is really about and keeps us from being lulled away into carnal security. 

-- Love
Elder Hansen
Florida, Fort Lauderdale Mission
Haitian-ing the Work

Elder Hansen with his new comp, Elder Hasara, 
and Elder and Sister Roe from Stone, Idaho

At transfers with Elders Christensen and Burns

All ready for the 4th of July!

Rocking their patriotic ties

No comments:

Post a Comment