“The time of Hastening the Lord’s work is now.” – Elder Russell M. Nelson

Monday, July 3, 2017

June 5, 2017 - Be strong and of a good courage, for the Lord thy God, will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

Hello Peeps!

This week has been a roller coaster! So I will give you mostly the ups and not just the downs. So, this week I have been sick so that has thrown a wrench into the work. We went out everyday though! One miracle we saw this week was that while we were search for a family with some very vague directions that the previous Elders left us, we finally came to a point where we were completely lost and we were out of miles so we were biking. When we finally stopped and realized that we had no idea where we were going we realized that we were in front of a Haitian looking house, so we decided to knock. Jacky opened up and we were able to teach him and set him with a baptismal date! We had District Training on Wednesday and it went really great! Then since it was the last day of the month we were on bikes so we biked around and knocked trying to find where all the Haitians are in our area. We were able to find some spots but Elder Royal got a flat tire and we had no patches with us so we had to walk home... Then on Thursday we knocked some more and then got picked up by a random Less Active member that took us to a really great chicken place in the middle of Wilton Manors and if you want to know what Wilton Manors is famous for you can gGoogle it if you want, haha... :) Anyway, they were a super weird family, like really weird, but they were nice and dinner was good! Then we knocked some more. On Friday, I went on exchange into the Spanish area with Elder Pippert and everything fell through so we biked and knocked all day, in the rain!
Then on Sunday we unfortunately weren't able to get any investigators to sacrament, but we are beginning to figure out our way around in this new area so hopefully this upcoming week will bring some newfound success!

One last funny story, we were biking on Wednesday and Elder Royal was leading the way and I looked down for some reason, then when I looked up again I saw one of the cables used to stabilize power poles, you know the ones with the yellow plastic thing on them, well it was sticking up out of the middle of the sidewalk and I hit it with my right shoulder and flew off my bike spinning sideways doing a 360 and landed on my butt with my feet in front of me facing the same direction I was going. So that was pretty funny. I'm sure the people that drove by had a funny story to tell when they got home!

Time for my last thought:

Something that I was thinking about this last week was how often we forget who we really are! We get so caught up in the busyness of life that we forget that we are children of Heavenly Father who watches out for us and is there to help us. He promised Alma and his people, "And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions." (Mosiah 24:14) God did not take away their burdens but he made it possible for them to bear it. If he took away our struggles there would be no growth. Through Jesus Christ we can overcome!

--Love
Elder Hansen
Florida, Fort Lauderdale Mission
Haitian-ing the Work


The people I live with Elders Pippert, Belnap and Royal
(We are loving the red Christmas tie in June)

No comments:

Post a Comment