“The time of Hastening the Lord’s work is now.” – Elder Russell M. Nelson

Friday, August 12, 2016

August 1, 2016 - Pouchon Got Baptized!

Hey Y'all, again I apologize, I don't have Anpil tan Jodi a (much time today).

So anyway this week was Anfom (fit)!

So to start off I went on exchange with Elder Petersen which was super awesome because he is awesome! He bought me Buffalo Wild Wings which was supa delicioso. Then during the week we taught Adline and her family and I asked Lance, the youngest, if he wanted to come home with me and be my son, to which he responded, "but I'm not even White!" Again my European heritage is holding me back, haha!

Anywho, we are running low on miles so we had to bike 15 miles to Niviane's house and once we got there we realized that she sent us a text saying she wasn't going to be there...so we cried. :( But in happier news... POUCHON GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!! We are super pumped! Then on Sunday I confirmed him and gave him the Aaronic Priesthood, that was the first time I had ever done that. Anyway, that was the week in a nutshell.

I gave both Elder Deklerk and Petersen haircuts this week and you can see who liked their's and who did not in the pictures below. I have been cutting my own hair as well.

My last thought, "Having gone according to their own carnal wills and desires; having never called upon the Lord while the arms of mercy were extended towards them; for the arms of mercy were extended towards them, and they would not; they being warned of their iniquities and yet they would not depart from them; and they were commanded to repent and yet they would not repent." (Mosiah16:12)

The arms of Mercy are always outstretched toward us! The only way that we cannot take claim of the mercy of Christ is if we "would not" and 'not depart from our iniquities" Because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ the odds are stacked in our favor in order for us to claim Exaltation. The Atonement enables us to overcome the effects of the Fall of Adam, namely Spiritual and Physical death. The Atonement also strengthens us to overcome the trials we have in this life. Everything has been given us! The Arms of mercy are extended to us, but God will force no man to heaven, we must reach out and clasp the hand of the Savior so he can lift us higher.

That we will all reach out to the Savior is my prayer.

I love you all and hope you guys are all well.

--Love
Elder Hansen
Florida, Fort Lauderdale Mission
Haitian-ing the Work

Pouchon's baptism!

His buddies Faith and Ciara :)

With Lance and Lili at Lance's 5th birthday party!

Elder Hansen has become quite the barber!
He says you can tell which one likes his haircut and which one doesn't ;)
We also noticed in this picture how thin Matthew has gotten lately, 
he told us he's lost about 30 - 35 lbs! 

He seems to be eating well :)
His secret for weight loss... he says he shrunk his stomach!

No comments:

Post a Comment