“The time of Hastening the Lord’s work is now.” – Elder Russell M. Nelson

Friday, August 12, 2016

August 9, 2016 - I AM TRAINING A NEW MISSIONARY!!! (Or as we say in the mission, I'm having a baby!)

Hello everyone!

This was a pretty crazy week and by virtue of it being a transfer week things are just going to get crazier! So here are the highlights... Twice this week I got caught in huge rainstorms and got drenched from head to toe, inside and out. So that was pretty cool. The good thing about Florida is that even though it is raining it is still warm outside so you don't freeze to death. This week I went on exchange with Elder Cutler in Hialeah for 2 days in the middle of little Havana! Everyone there is from Cuba and that really helped my Spanish out. I was able to say a bunch of prayers while there. The funny thing about Cubans is that when they speak Spanish it sounds like this, "Mo momo momomo mo mo." So yeah, super cool. Anyway, last night we got our transfer call and I found out that Elder Augustin will be transferring to Immokalee and I will stay and train a new missionary! I'm gonna be a Dad!!! Anyway that is about all from Miami! I don't even know my new companion's name yet, I'll meet him tomorrow fresh from the MTC!

My last thought for the day is that the Gospel is True! But don't take my word for it just pray about it! Basically what Moroni said in Moroni 10: 4-5, " Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts. And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost. And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things."

Love you guys!!!

-- M' se yon Papa!!! (I am a Dad!)

Elder Hansen
Florida, Fort Lauderdale Mission
Haitian-ing the Work

Ready to go for the day, nice and dry and smiling!

Back home after a huge downpour, completely drenched and not smiling. :(

Oh good, they are still smiling :)

Saying "goodbye" to Elder Augustin, he's off to Immolakee.

Mmm, breakfast on the Miami shoreline! 

Most of the District, Elders Peterson, ?, Elder Hansen, Elder Augustin, ?, and Elder Deklerk

At Adline's home :)
Elder Augustin, Lili, Alicia, Adline, Jeffrey, Lance and Elder Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment