“The time of Hastening the Lord’s work is now.” – Elder Russell M. Nelson

Friday, August 12, 2016

July 5, 2016 - The Birth of a Boy and a Nation

Hello everybody! How are y'all doing?

Well, this week has been super stressful now that I am a district leader... but everything is good. :) We had a super awesome week and it was super busy too. So as you know Elder Augustin is my new companion and we have been teaching a lot this week. We had Malik and Sierra at church this Sunday plus Adline and her family and Pierre and Tanya, who by the way are not getting divorced or deported but are in fact getting baptized on July 22nd! Super exciting! So anyway, we have been teaching lots of people and I have been busy with new responsibilities and stuff so I am trying to figure everything out, but it is good. On Friday, we had District Training and afterwards I went on exchange with Elder Cutler who is our new Zone Leader and it was his birthday (July First) then the next day we exchanged back and it was my birthday! So we had a birthday exchange. :) Then for my birthday I got a surprise from a sister in the ward and it was pretty awesome! She brought me balloons, brownies and cupcakes and a huge birthday card from my family! We had a little celebration at the house with all of the birthday decorations I got in my birthday package from home and then went out and worked the rest of the night. It was weird because I kept forgetting that it was my birthday. Haha, so weird! Anyway, on the 4th we helped this Latin lady paint her house and got super messy after that we knocked some doors, then we had to come in early because people like to celebrate by shooting in the air or something, Anyway, we came home and relaxed and had a surprise pizza show up (Thanks Mom & Dad)! After a little miscommunication we got the pizza and it was delicious!

All in all a good week.

Okay my last thought, "[God] doeth not anything save it be for the benefit of the world; for he loveth the world, even that he layeth down his own life that he may draw all men unto him. Wherefore, he commandeth none that they shall not partake of his salvation." (2 Nephi 26:24)

God always has a plan even when we don't always understand!

I love you all and hope you had a great Fourth of July!

-- Love
Elder Hansen
Florida, Fort Lauderdale Mission
Haitian-ing the Work

Happy 19th Birthday Elder Hansen! 
It's also his 10 months in the mission day :)

 A sweet sister in his ward delivered a homemade card from home, 
balloons and homemade cupcakes and brownies!

Yay, he got his birthday package!

It looks like a party!

Elder Cutler joining in the fun :)

The big 19, make a wish!
I love the maps and bikes in the background, such a missionary pic!

Elder Hansen with his new companion Elder Augustin.

No comments:

Post a Comment