“The time of Hastening the Lord’s work is now.” – Elder Russell M. Nelson

Monday, September 12, 2016

August 22, 2016 - Back to School? Not this Guy...

Hello Fam!

How is it going? I am sure that all the kids are excited to go back to school. ;) I know all the kids in Miami are, haha!

This week was a pretty eventful one! We have a new family in the ward named the Moyer's and they fed us on Tuesday and we had so real Idahoan food! Ahhh, I was in heaven! Classic pulled pork with homemade potatoes and fries... mmm! 

Anyway, this week I went on exchange with my new Zone Leader Elder Toews and we had a pretty good time! We were able to find a couple of Haitian families and were able to teach them. They are pretty cool, but they didn't come to church. On Sunday we had Stake Conference which was good. The Stake President is super cool and he threw down over the pulpit about reading the Book of Mormon. It was super awesome! After church I was able to give my first baptismal interviews and I did them in Spanglish! It was pretty fun! :)

So, this week Adline still didn't get her divorce papers back but her kids Jeffrey and Bruline decided that they couldn't wait any longer and they will be baptized this Saturday! Also, Izacc the son of one of our recent convert families, the Georges', is turning 8 and asked me to baptize him. So I will be doing that this weekend as well. Later in the week we had a meal appointment and we got some Costco pizza. I ate half a pizza... and then almost died, haha! Tooooo much Pizza, I felt better in the morning though :)

Now for my last thought, "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. (Matthew 5:16) ...Behold I am the light which ye shall hold up—that which ye have seen me do." (3 Nephi 18:24)

As disciple of Jesus Christ we are instructed to be an example to others and a light! We are in a world full of darkness and confusion, everyone is looking for the right path but they know not where to find it. As members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints we have been endowed with a responsibility and a privilege to be a beacon and a guide for those around us. As we emulate the example of the Savior we are able to touch those that are lost.

I hope you have a great week!

-- Hasta Luego Chicos
Elder Hansen
Florida, Fort Lauderdale Mission

Haitian-ing the Work


The Hialeah Zone

A fun P-Day activity with the Zone

Lunch time power naps!

A little mobile advertising for the Church!

No comments:

Post a Comment