“The time of Hastening the Lord’s work is now.” – Elder Russell M. Nelson

Monday, September 12, 2016

August 29, 2016 - Four Brand New Mormons!

Howdy Folks! How's it goin'?

This week was pretty eventful and we had some crazy storms here, but alas no hurricanes, or if you are from southern Utah, no Hurricans. ;) Anyway we had a good time at Zone Conference and it was good to see my friends there. We learned some cool new stuff. It was super hot and humid this week, that wasn't fun, but we still worked hard! 

So, the big news was this Saturday! We had 4 baptisms in the ward! We baptized 4 kids and we had a super great time! Adline's kids Jeffery and Lili and then Izacc Georges and also Megan Thompson! (Picture Below for reference)

In other news, we also had some bike difficulties and we were out of miles on the car so we had to bike, but I got it fixed up and we were off! We biked about 30 miles this week and I got 3 flat tires, so that was an adventure :)

My last thought: So this week I gave a companion study and I would like to share a snippet with you all. In the Doctrine and Covenants, section 93, it states, "For if you keep my commandments you shall receive of his fulness, and be glorified in me as I am in the Father; therefore, I say unto you, you shall receive grace for grace... And no man receiveth a fulness unless he keepeth his commandments. He that keepeth his commandments receiveth truth and light, until he is glorified in truth and knoweth all things. (D&C 93:24,27-28)

We are given the commandments in order to show us the way to Eternal Life! As we are obedient we receive more knowledge and learn more and more, but we "receive no witness until after the trial of [our] faith." Our loving Heavenly Father knows us perfectly and knows what we have to do in order to become like Him! All of His commands are given out of love, so keep the commandments!

I love you guys!

-- Love ya
Elder Hansen
Florida, Fort Lauderdale Mission

Haitian-ing the Work

"The White Crew, well except for me and Elder Petersen!" 
Elders Petersen, Ajayi and Hansen
Megan, Jeffery, Lili and Izacc

Elders Ajayi and Hansen, Jeffery, Alicia and Lance, Adline, Lili and Lili's Dad

The Bishop and the Georges Family with Izacc

We got this surprise text picture of Elder Hansen from Jeffery, Lili, and Lance!

No comments:

Post a Comment