“The time of Hastening the Lord’s work is now.” – Elder Russell M. Nelson

Monday, September 12, 2016

September 6, 2016 - One Year Down, One Year to Go

Hello Brothers and Sisters,

This week was a super exciting week! I know that you were all super worried about me and the hurricane around these parts but it didn't hit us, we just had a lot of rain, which wasn't out of the ordinary for us. Because it was the end of the month we were out of miles and were therefore biking and we got SO WET my bones were soggy! After changing into dry clothes twice we finished the day off strong by taking showers and going to bed, haha. :) This week we had 3 meal appointments with new members in the ward! They are all super solid and awesome! We finally had some real Mormon food! It was super good! On Friday it was my "Hump Day" (one year mark) and I got a super awesome package from home! (Thanks Fam) To celebrate as a district we went to the North Miami Beach House and had pizza, Voltage Mountain Dew, brownies and I burned a shirt! It was pretty great! :) Yesterday for Labor Day we did a Zone-wide exchange and I went with Elder Harms from the Miami Lakes Ward and I did a baptismal interview for their investigator Bianca. She passed, well she's ten, but it was super fun! That is about it for the week, it is pretty weird to be at the halfway mark for my mission but I will make the most of the time I have left :)

For my last thought I would like to share a scripture from Jacob,"O be wise; what can I say more?"
The answer is... nothing.

I hope you all have a great week and enjoy the new football season!

-- Love
Elder Hansen
Florida, Fort Lauderdale Mission
Haitian-ing the Work

"Ohhhh, You're Halfway There... Oh-ohhh, Livin' on a Prayer!"
Happy Hump Day Elder Hansen!


We sent him a camel for his Hump Day :)

For some reason, it's tradition to burn a shirt at your halfway mark.

We love that there is smoke coming out of the end he's holding!
I cringe because I know how much that shirt cost. :-/

On splits and trying out some new fashion ideas... with Elders Lewis and Harms.

No comments:

Post a Comment